Tuesday 6th April, at Madge Hill, is the first TT. Sign on will be at the top of Madge Hill from 5:30pm and the first ride will set off at 6:30pm. This is a road event, which means:
- No aerobars, clip on aerobars or aero extensions can be used
- Hands must be holding the handlebars at all times whilst racing (ie. not with forearms resting on the handlebar)
- Wheels must have a minimum of 12 spokes each, and have a maximum rim depth of 90mm
- Helmets must have no visor
- Ears must not be covered by the helmet (Giro Aerohead helmets are not permitted)
If you are able then please pay £4 into the club’s account beforehand, however, if you are unable to do this then please bring the correct change. Could you also bring your own pen for signing on.
Riders will be allocated a number for the season!! Could you please return this after the last event that you intend to ride.
Please observe our Covid measures, see below.
By attending any of our Time Trials you are agreeing to abide by the following instructions.
- Only club members can compete in our time trials.
- Competitors and helpers must not have had a positive Covid test in the three weeks prior to the event.
- Competitors and helpers must not have been told to self-isolate or shield
- Competitors and helpers must not attend if they feel ill in ANY way or if family members have any Covid symptoms
- Competitors and helpers with an elevated heart rate or asymptomatic illness of ANY kind should NOT start and leave the event immediately.
- All warm-ups should be done on the road not on static bikes.
- Competitors and helpers must not gather in groups that exceed current guidelines
- Competitors and helpers must not leave any personal items with the time keeper.
- Competitors finishing must not stop at the finish or loiter at the HQ/carpark. They should pack away and leave immediately upon completion of their race.
- No support can be provided if a competitor suffers mechanical difficulties. It is strongly advised that all competitors carry with them a spare inner-tube/tubular, pump and tools.
- It is strongly advised that all competitors carry a mobile phone and take with them the telephone number of the event organiser.
- Competitors should telephone the organiser if you have failed to finish the event.
- Spectators are not encouraged to attend.
- Do not approach or talk to the time keepers; times will be online later.