Worcester St. John’s have lots of routes that they regularly use for club runs. Some of the routes are rolling courses and some are hilly (or often called lumpy).
There are also hill rep sessions from time to time with focused intervals to improve climbing and threshold efforts.
Hill rep sessions have start with a gentle ride out to a nearby hill then a block of 5-10 minute efforts with roll-down recoveries.
All distances shown in the club run routes below are based on a starting point from outside the Premier Inn in New Road by Worcester Bridge. The address is Premier Inn, Worcester City Centre Hotel, County Ground, Worcestershire County Cricket Club, New Road, Worcester, WR2 4QQ and you can find the location on Google Maps
- Crowle, Flyford, Rous Lench, Hill Furze, Bishampton, Upton Snodsbury (32 miles rolling)
- Claines, Hadley, Copcut, Hadzor, Hanbury, Stock Green, Himbleton, Oddingley, Sixways (31 miles rolling)
- Upton Snodsbury, Pinvin, Defford, Severn Stoke (28 miles rolling)
- Callow End, Madresfield, Welland, Birts Street, Longdon, Hanley Castle, Callow End (30 miles rolling)
- Martley, Great Witley, Pearl Lane, Shrawley, Ockeridge, Sinton Green, Hallow (29 miles lumpy)
- Upton Snodsbury, Radford, Holberrow, Feckenham, Hanbury, Phepson, Crowle (31 miles rolling)
- Broadheath, Berrow Green, Knightwick, Whitbourne, Clifton, Martley, Wichenford, Hallow (26 miles hilly)
- Callow End, Hanley Swan, Upton, Longdon, Birtsmorton, Hollybush, Welland, Jennet Tree Lane (35 miles rolling)
- Bransford, Suckley, Knightwick, Bransford (reverse of the Hilly 14 mile time trial course), Leigh Sinton, Newland, Jennett Tree Lane (28 miles lumpy)
- Upton Snodsbury, Abberton, Inkberrow, Feckenham, Goosehill Lane, Crowle (31 miles rolling)
- Hill reps – Ankerdine
- Hill reps – Wyche Cutting / Colwall
- Hill reps – Clifton B4204