Worcester St Johns CC Sunday Club Runs
8 am every Sunday, regardless of weather, we meet at the Worcester Bridge (New Rd side). The rides are typically 50/60 miles and last around 3 hours (average speed 17mph). Ride routes are posted on our Facebook group page in advance and are available to download as a GPS via the Worcester St Johns Cycling Club Garmin Connect site.
9.30 am every Sunday, the main WSJCC club ride leaves from outside the Premier Inn at Worcester Bridge.
- The average speed is about 15 mph over sometimes flat, sometimes hilly routes.
- There is always a café stop after 30 miles followed by a 20 mile ride home.
- This is a training ride for some and a social ride for others but you should be able to ride for 50 miles at 15 mph to participate. Everyone is welcome to come along and start the ride. Less fit riders will need to be prepared to take a short route home until they are able to do the whole ride. There will often be another rider prepared to guide you home.
- Ride destinations and routes are usually announced on our Facebook group page. If no specific ride has been organised those who arrive at the start will decide a route and destination on the day.
- In winter we expect riders to have full mudguards out of respect for riders behind them and the café’s seats we sit on.
- Riders should carry a spare inner tube or puncture repair kit and pump, money for the café, racing cape and a drink to keep hydrated.
- The riders travel in formation (two-abreast), singling out as necessary. Usually there will be an experienced rider who can help beginners to practise group riding skills in order to retain group formation. On longer hills the group may split up, but will regroup at the top.
- Please let someone on the ride know when you arrive if it is your first club run.
- The Sunday club ride is a non-competitive ride and all riders who join the ride should be familiar with the Club Group Riding Rules
Wednesday Morning Social Club ride
9.30 am every Wednesday the club ride leaves from outside the Premier Inn at Worcester Bridge. The format is the same as the 9.30 Sunday ride.
Worcester St John CC Introductory Saturday Rides
9.30 am every Saturday – Introductory Rides. We will be meeting on the bridge outside the Premier Inn on New Road, Worcester and usually finishing at a cafe.
The Introductory Rides are intended as an entry level ride for cyclists who would like to learn the skill of group riding. The rides are aimed at riders who wish to develop their group riding skills on a shorter, steadier ride before joining the longer Sunday club runs or faster mid-week chain-gang rides.
The ride will be about 30 miles and the average speed will vary, according to conditions, but is usually between 13 and 15 mph. Riding in a group is more efficient so if you can currently ride 25 to 30 miles solo at 12 to 14 mph average speed then you will have no problem with the Introductory Ride.The ride finishes at a cafe, so remember to bring some change for tea and cake.
The rides will be held every Saturday (weather permitting) and event details and routes will be posted on the clubs Facebook group page.
Existing club members are welcome, and encouraged, to join in these rides and pass on their knowledge and experience of riding to newcomers.
If you are joining us on a ride we recommend the following:
• Road bike in good condition.
• (Full) Water bottles
• Food (banana, cereal bar etc.)
• Pump and spare inner tube
If you are interested in joining an Introductory Saturday Rides there is no need to let us know, just turn up on the day.
Full address for the meeting point is Premier Inn Worcester City Centre Hotel, County Ground, Worcestershire County Cricket Club, New Road, Worcester, WR2 4QQ and you can find the location on Google Maps
Regular “50 in 3” rides
Dave Walker also runs year round rides (regardless of weather) on various days from the main Worcester bridge. The start times for the rides are normally either 8am or 3pm. Dave advertises these rides via posts on the Worcester St Johns Cycling Club Facebook group page each week or contact Dave on email@example.com
The routes cover 50(ish) miles in 3 hours, average speed is approximately 16/17mph dependent on route. Once again all are welcome.
* Please note: all riders who attend a Worcester St John’s club ride do so at their own risk.