Summer 2019 programme is here!
- Monday 29th July: Ride Nite is off-road tracks in Monk Wood, 7pm.
- Thursday 1st August: Worcester Woods off-road trails. 10.30am
- Tuesday 6th August. Forest of Dean – Mountain Biking 10.30am-3pm.
- Monday 19th August: Ride Nite is on road, Age 8 and over only, from Monkwood 7pm
- Tuesday 20th August. Forest of Dean – Mountain Biking 10.30am-3pm.
- Thursday 22nd August: Stourport Cycle Track. Coaching session + racing practice. 10.00am to 12.00pm. Any age, any bikes including road bikes. £2 wsjcc members, £4 non-members.
- Tuesday 27th August: Summer Cyclo-cross – Beacon RCC
- Camping weekend – Friday30th, 31st August and Sunday 1st September .
For more info on these events, and to be added to our e-mail list, message: email@example.com.
There are now occasional youth evening rides – both on and off road.
Usually a road ride is about 7-10 miles on quiet country lanes. Only for 8 year olds and over. Any bike. Older children will usually have the opportunity for a faster continuation ride at the end. Please use your own judgement as to whether your child is ready for the road, bearing in mind that Cycling UK says traffic awareness develops around the ages of 8 to 10. See full guidance at: https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/cycling-guide/cycling-road-children
Great success for our first ‘Cycle Sunday’
Working with local cycling groups Women on Wheels and BikeWorcester a very successful Cycle Sunday was held on June 9th. About 200 riders on all sorts of bike took part. And with the families came 67 children all eager to try racing, obstacle course and cycle games. Everything was free, run by volunteers and enjoyed by all. We’ll be back next year.
Our insurance is through Cycling UK. They stipulate that we can offer 3 club events to non-member guests (The Perdiswell sessions count as one event). After this it is required that youth and adult riders are Members of WSJCC. Joining is simple – see our about us page for all the membership categories.